What’s the difference between a Gala and an Open Meet?
Open Meets are competitions that are usually organised by one club and held as a single event on one day or over a weekend. They aren’t part of a league, and they sometimes have qualifying times. This means that the organisers can restrict who enters by setting a time that the swimmer must have achieved to be able to compete. Some Open Meets also have upper limits so that very fast swimmers can’t enter, which lets others have a chance.
Gala, Open Meet and Event Calendar
Download The Competition Calendar
Seagulls Swimming Club – Competition Calendar.
Last modified 12th January 2018.
The Seagulls Swimming Club calendar is available via a public Google calendar. This allows you to subscribe to the calendar via your existing Google account and/or via your mobile device, and to be kept fully up to date with the gala and meet schedule of the club.
How do I do that?
- Navigate to Settings ⇒ Mail, Contacts, Calendars ⇒ Add Account.
- Select Other ⇒ Add CalDAV Account or Add Subscribed Calendar.
- For the main swimming event calendar enter goo.gl/vdOMZK and touch Next.
- For the masters swimming event calendar enter goo.gl/KD5tf0 and touch Next.
- For the water polo event calendar enter goo.gl/emqobv and touch Next.
- Touch Save.
If you have a Google account.
- Point your browser to https://www.google.com/calendar.
- Under the “Other calendars” widget on the left, click the small downward pointing arrow, and then “Add by URL”.
- For the main swimming event calendar enter the address http://goo.gl/vdOMZK and click the “Add Calendar” button.
- For the masters swimming event calendar enter the address http://goo.gl/KD5tf0 and click the “Add Calendar” button.
- For the water polo event calendar enter the address http://goo.gl/emqobv and click the “Add Calendar” button.
With any luck you should see the calendar in your Google “Other calendars” now.
To add your “Other calendars” to your iPhone or iPad, simply browse to https://www.google.com/calendar/iphoneselect and select the calendars you want to see on your iDevice. Give it a minute to sync and you’ll be all set.
Please consult your mobile device operating manual if you experience difficulties in subscribing to our calendar.